Please take a moment to view the Pages (listed on the right) dedicated to the animals we so effortlessly take advantage of and treat like items.

Monday, August 16, 2010

Fight the real enemy!

I'm often taken back by the way in which animal rights activists interact with each other. If we are all fighting for the same solution why are we attacking each other and not the real enemy?

The government has the loudest voice of all, but because animal rights don't benefit them they turn their back. Animals can't vote for their own freedom, so we need to speak up. If everyone worked together we would be able to show the government that for our vote there needs to be changes. It almost seems like instead of fighting for the animals people are fighting to get there message heard the loudest. For the people who truly want the best for the animals being affected by humans "need" for power, it doesn't matter who is saying it, as long as it's being heard. I've always respected Peta's ability to bluntly get their words across. Many people have grown to hate them and their over the top ways to spread their message, but I've always showed my support by signing all of their petitions and keeping up-to-date on their progress. I've learned lately that, although peta does a lot for animal welfare (which is greatly appreciated), their ideas on how the word needs be to spread is often bashed. There are websites, blogs, pages, and facebook groups all dedicated to bringing down Peta.

Let's just say one person spends 20 mins a day bashing peta. That's roughly 9 hours a month, which is over 100 hours a years spent on bringing down another animal welfare group instead of helping the millions of animals in need.

Another reason the back and forth between animal rights groups is unproductive is because that's taking away from the original issue. People are so sick of hearing about the same issues over and over that it's disturbing there "out of sight, out of mind" way of life.

For the people who are sick of hearing from animal rights groups. My mom was always bugging me to clean my room, ALWAYS. It didn't occur to me until now that to stop her from nagging all I had to do was clean my room. Well, if you don't want to hear about animal cruelty, global warming, saving the environment, and all that other repetitive stuff that we talk about just help. Recycle, stop supporting fast food restaurants (not only will the animals benefit from that but your health will too!), turn the lights off when you're not using them, take the bus or walk when you have the chance, and adopt pets instead of buying them.

I've eaten meat. I've gone to McDonalds. I've used twice as much toilet paper then needed. I've thrown a plastic bottle in the garbage. But I've also realized what I need to do to help and made the life changing decision to use my ability as a "superior" to animals and get them on the path to there natural habitat.

No comments:

Post a Comment